The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of December, 2014 recently. According to the CREA, “December sales were down from the previous month in a number of Canada’s largest and most active housing markets, indicating a broadly based cooling off for Canadian home sales as 2014 came to an end,” said Gregory Klump, CREA’s Chief Economist. “Even so, sales remain above year-ago levels in many of the same markets.” Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 5.8% from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 7.9% above December 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 1.1% from November to December.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.4% year-over-year in December.
- The national average sale price rose 3.8% on a year-over-year basis in December.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for December, 2014.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra