The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of October, 2014 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations edged up 0.7 per cent in October 2014 compared to September. This marks the sixth consecutive month of stronger resale housing activity compared to a quiet start to the year, and the strongest activity for the month of October since 2009.” Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 0.7% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 7% above October 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 0.8% from September to October.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.5% year-over-year in October.
- The national average sale price rose 7.1% on a year-over-year basis in October.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate