The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of June, 2016 this week. According to the CREA, “The Aggregate Composite MLS® Benchmark price rose by 13.6 percent year-over-year to $564,700 in June 2016, the biggest gain since December 2006. For the fifth consecutive month, year-over-year price growth accelerated for all Benchmark property types tracked by the index.” Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 0.9% from May to June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 5.2% above June 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 2.2% from May to June.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 13.6% year-over-year in June.
- The national average sale price climbed 11.2% in June from one year ago; net of Greater Toronto and Greater Vancouver, it advanced 8.4% year-over-year.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for June, 2016.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra