The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of April, 2016 last week. According to the CREA, “The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems in April 2016 rose by 3.1 percent month-over-month to set a new monthly record. Sales were up in April compared to the previous month in about 70 percent of all local markets, led by the National Capital Region and Edmonton. Following small declines the previous month, activity held steady in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and edged lower in Greater Vancouver.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose by 3.1% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 10.3% compared to April 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed (-0.2%) from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 10.3% year-over-year in April.
- The national average sale price climbed 13.1% in April from one year ago; net of the Greater Toronto Area and Greater Vancouver, it was up by 8.7% year-over-year.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for April, 2016.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra