CREA economist Gregory Klump reports on MLS® sales and listings for the Canadian real estate market for May, 2012.
Highlights from CREA's release
- Home sales down 3.1% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) up 9% from levels in May 2011.
- The year-over-year increase continues to reflect the slowdown in sales a year ago following changes to mortgage rules that came into effect in March 2011.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.3% from April to May.
- Easing sales activity and a small uptick in new listings resulted in a more balanced national housing market.
- The national average home price edged down 0.3% on a year-over-year basis in May.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra