The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for October of 2018 today.
According to the report, "Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged back by 1.6% in October 2018. While activity is still stronger compared to the first half of 2018, it remains below monthly levels recorded from early 2014 through 2017.
"Transactions declined in more than half of all local markets, led by Hamilton-Burlington, Montreal and Edmonton. Although activity did improve modestly in many markets, it was offset by a decline in sales elsewhere by a factor of two."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 1.6% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 3.7% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes eased 1.1% from September to October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 2.3% year-over-year (y-o-y) in October.
- The national average sale price slipped by 1.5% y-o-y in October.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for October of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra