The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of August, 2015 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of homes trading hands via MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations edged up 0.3 per cent in August 2015 compared to July and remains near levels that have changed little since reaching a five-year high in May. ”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales edged up by 0.3% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.0% above August 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 0.5% from July to August.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.43% year-over-year in August.
- The national average sale price rose 8.7% on a year-over-year basis in August; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 4.2%.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for August, 2015.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra