The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for November of 2018 this week.
According to the report, "Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 2.3% in November 2018, adding to the decline in October of 1.7%. While the number of homes trading hands is still up from its low point in the spring, it remains below monthly levels posted from 2014 through 2017.
"Transactions declined in just over half of all local markets, with lower activity in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) and Hamilton- Burlington offsetting increased sales in Edmonton."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 2.3% from October to November.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 12.6% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 3.3% from October to November.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 2% year-over-year (y-o-y) in November.
- The national average sale price retreated by 2.9% y-o-y in November.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for November of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra