The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of August, 2012 today.
According to CREA, the number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of real estate Boards and Associations in Canada fell 5.8 per cent between July and August 2012, marking the largest month-over-month decline since June 2010.
Highlights of CREA's report
- Home sales down 5.8% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 8.9% below levels in August 2011.
- Number of newly listed homes down 1.7% from July to August.
- Housing market remains firmly in a balanced territory at the national level.
- National average home price up 0.3% on a year-over-year basis in August.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra