The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for October 2022.
"Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems edged up by 1.3% between September and October 2022. While not a large increase, it was significant in that it was the first monthly gain since February.
"The actual (not seasonally adjusted) number of transactions in October 2022 came in 36% below that same month last year, and stood about 15% below the pre-COVID-19 10-year average for the month."
Highlights of CREA's report
• National home sales were up 1.3% on a month-over-month basis in October.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 36% below October 2021.
• The number of newly listed properties edged up 2.2% month-over-month.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) declined by 1.2% month-over-month and was down 0.8% year-over-year.
• The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 9.9% year-over-year decline in October.
Read the recently released national sales statistics for October, 2022.
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to receive updates on the Saskatoon real estate market and insights I've gained managing thousands of real estate transactions.
TeamFisher.com hosted over 520,000 user sessions last year and displayed more than 4.4 million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-900-4161 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra
Post Your Comment: