The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of September, 2013 recently. According to the CREA, "Sales improved on a month-over-month basis in just over half of all local markets, with gains in Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto offsetting declines in Calgary and Montreal. Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity remained roughly on par with the 10-year average in September. The 18.2 per cent increase compared to year-ago levels reflects weakened activity at that time." Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales edged up by 0.8% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 18.2% above levels in September 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.4% from August to September.
- The Canadian housing market has tightened but continues to remain balanced.
- The national average sale price rose 8.8% on a year-over-year basis in September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 3.1% year-over-year in September.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS sales for September, 2013. Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area.
Get it here, now. I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions.
All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate