The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of October 2017 this week. According to the CREA, “National home sales posted a modest monthly increase in October but remain below levels recorded one year ago."
“Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 0.9% in October 2017 on the heels of monthly increases in August and September, but remained almost 11% below the record set in March.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 0.9% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.3% below last October’s level.
- The number of newly listed homes edged back by 0.8% from September to October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 9.7% year-over-year (y-o-y) in October 2017.
- The national average sale price climbed by 5% y-o-y in October.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra