The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for June of 2022.
“Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 5.6% between May and June 2022. Although larger declines were recorded in April and May, monthly activity has dropped to slightly below average levels for the month of June."
"Sales were down in three-quarters of all local markets, led by Canada’s biggest cities – the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Greater Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Hamilton-Burlington to name a few."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell by 5.6% on a month-over-month basis in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 23.9% below the June record set in 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties was up 4.1% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) edged down 1.9% month-over-month but was still up 14.9% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 1.8% year-over-year decline in June.
Read the recently released national sales statistics for June of 2022
TeamFisher.com hosted over 520,000 user sessions last year and displayed more than 4.4 million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-900-4161 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra