The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of January 2018 late last week.
“According to the report, "Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems dropped sharply in January after having climbed to the highest monthly level on record in December. Although activity retreated to the lowest monthly level in three years, January sales were on par with the 10-year monthly average."”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales declined by 14.5% from December 2017 to January 2018.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 2.4% year-over-year in January.
- The number of newly listed homes plunged 21.6% from December 2017 to January 2018.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in January was up 7.7% year-over-year.
- The national average sale price advanced by 2.3% year-over-year.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for January of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra