The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of January, 2014 recently. According to the CREA, "The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations and other co-operative listing systems fell 3.3 per cent on a month-over-month basis in January 2014. This marks the fifth straight monthly decline, and leaves activity 9.1 per cent below the peak reached in August 2013."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 3.3% from December to January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 0.4% above January 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.2% from December to January.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 9.5% on a year-over-year basis in January.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.8% year-over-year in January.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate