The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of April, 2015 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 2.3 per cent in April 2015 compared to March. This marks the third consecutive month-over-month increase and raises national activity back to where it was during most of the second half of last year.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 2.3% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10% above April 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from March to April.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.97% year-over-year in April.
- The national average sale price rose 9.5% on a year-over-year basis in April; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 3.4%.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for April, 2015.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra