The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of October, 2013 recently. According to the CREA, "The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations and other co-operative listing systems fell 3.2 per cent on a month-over-month basis in October 2013. The decline returned activity back to near where it stood last June and July." Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales declined by 3.2% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 8.3% above levels in October 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 0.8% from September to October.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 8.5% on a year-over-year basis in October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 3.5% year-over-year in October.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate