The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of September, 2014 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations fell by 1.4 per cent on a month-over-month basis in September 2014, marking the first monthly decline since January of this year...Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in September stood 10.6 per cent above levels reported in the same month last year. September sales were up from year-ago levels in about 80 per cent of all local markets.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 1.4% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10.6% above September 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.6% from August to September.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in September.
- The national average sale price rose 5.9% on a year-over-year basis in September.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Norm Fisher Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate