The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for July of 2022.
“Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 5.3% between June and July 2022. While this was the fifth consecutive month-over-month decline in housing activity, it was also the smallest of the five."
"Sales were down in about three-quarters of all local markets, led by the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, Calgary and Edmonton."
Highlights of CREA's report
• National home sales fell by 5.3% on a month-over-month basis in July.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 29.3% below July 2021.
• The number of newly listed properties dropped by 5.3% month-over-month.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) edged down 1.7% month-over-month but was still up 10.9% year-over-year.
• The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 5% year-over-year decline in July.
Read the recently released national sales statistics for July of 2022
TeamFisher.com hosted over 520,000 user sessions last year and displayed more than 4.4 million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-900-4161 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra