The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of March, 2014today. According to the CREA, "Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.9 per cent above levels posted in March 2013. Sales were up from last March in 60 per cent of local markets with Greater Vancouver, Calgary, and Greater Toronto providing the largest contributions to the national increase.
While up from last year, actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in March ran 8.2 per cent below its 10-year average for the month of March. Results were similar for actual activity for the first quarter: up 2.8 per cent compared to the first quarter of 2013, but 7.5 per cent below the 10-year average for the first quarter period."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 1.0% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.9% above March 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.5% from February to March.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 6.0% on a year-over-year basis in March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.2% year-over-year in March.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for March, 2014.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate