The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for September of 2021.
According to the report, "Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems were up 0.9% between August and September 2021, marking the first month-over-month increase since March."
“September provided another month’s worth of evidence from all across Canada that housing market conditions are stabilizing near current levels,” said Cliff Stevenson, Chair of CREA. “In some ways that comes as a relief given the
volatility of the last year-and-a-half, but the issue is that demand/supply conditions are stabilizing in a place that very few people are happy about. There is still a lot of demand chasing an increasingly scarce number of listings, so this market remains very challenging. That’s why your best bet is to consult with your local REALTOR® for information and guidance about navigating the current market,” continued Stevenson.
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 0.9% on a month-over-month basis in September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 17.5% on a year-over-year basis.
- The number of newly listed properties declined by 1.6% from August to September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (MLS® HPI) rose 1.7% month-over-month and was up 21.5% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 13.9% year-over-year gain in September.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for September of 2021.
TeamFisher.com hosted over 350,000 user sessions in 2020 and displayed more than three million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-241-6676 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra