The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for February of 2022.
“Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were up in February 2022 as buyers jumped on the first batch of spring listings."
“Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems climbed 4.6% between January and February 2022. The monthly increase
in activity was likely the result of a rebound in new listings in February following big a decline in January. As such, stronger activity may persist as late-February new listings continue to sell in March.
Sales were up in about 60% of local markets in February, led by some big jumps in Calgary and Edmonton, as well as a gain ahead of the national increase in the GTA.
Highlights of CREA's report
• National home sales rose 4.6% on a month-over-month basis in February.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 8.2% below the record February in 2021.
• The number of newly listed properties bounced back by 23.7% month-over-month.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose a record 3.5% month-over-month and was up a record 29.2% year-over-year.
• The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 20.6% year-over-year gain in February.
Read the recently released national sales statistics for February of 2022.
TeamFisher.com hosted over 520,000 user sessions last year and displayed more than 4.4 million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-900-4161 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra