The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for January of 2019 this week.
According to the report, "Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems climbed 3.6% in January 2019 compared to December 2018. The number of homes trading hands was up from the previous month in half of all local markets, led by Montreal, Ottawa and Winnipeg." Actual (not seasonally adjusted) sales were down 4% from year-ago levels and turned in the weakest January since 2015. They also came in below the 10-year average for the month on a national basis."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 3.6% between December 2018 and January 2019.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 4% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 1% month-over-month in January.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 0.8% year-over-year (y-o-y) in January.
- The national average sale price fell by 5.5% y-o-y in January.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for January 2019.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra