The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of September, 2016 this week.
According to the CREA, “The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems rose 0.8 percent month-over-month in September 2016. Having eased in each of the previous four months, national home sales are 5.6 percent below the record set in April 2016.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales edged up 0.8% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in September rose 4.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes ticked up 0.5% from August to September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in September was up 14.4% y-o-y.
- The national average sale price climbed 9.5% y-o-y.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for September, 2016.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra