The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for December of 2018 today.
According to the report, "Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 2.5% in December 2018 compared to November, capping the weakest annual sales since 2012. Monthly declines in activity since September have fully retrenched its summer rally and returned it near the lowest level since early 2013."
"Transactions declined in about 60% of all local markets in December, led by lower activity in Greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Ottawa, London & St. Thomas, and Halifax-Dartmouth, together with a regionally diverse mix of other large and medium-sized urban centres."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 2.5% from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 19% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from November to December.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 1.6% year-over-year (y-o-y) in December.
- The national average sale price fell by 4.9% y-o-y in December.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for December of 2018.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra