The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of August, 2016this week. According to the CREA, “The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 3.1 percent month-over-month in August 2016 – the largest monthly decline since December 2014. Together with declines in each of the three previous months, the slowdown in August places national home sales activity 6.9 percent below the record set in April 2016.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales fell 3.1% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 10.2% above August 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes declined 2.7% from July to August.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 14.7% year-over-year in August.
- The national average sale price climbed 5.4% in August from one year ago.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for August, 2016.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra