The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) recently released national sales statistics for June of 2021.
According to the report, "Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 8.4% month-over-month
in June 2021, marking the third straight monthly slowdown since activity hit an all-time record back in March. While sales are now down a cumulative 25% from their peak, and below every other month in the last year, June transactions still managed to set a record for that month."
"Month-over-month declines in sales activity were once again quite broad-based, with sales moderating in around 80% of all local markets, including almost all large markets across Canada."
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales declined by 8.4% on a month-over-month basis in June.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 13.6% year-over-year.
- The number of newly listed properties edged back by 0.7% from May to June.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (MLS® HPI) rose 0.9% month-over-month and was up 24.4% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 25.9% year-over-year gain in June.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for June of 2021.
TeamFisher.com hosted over 350,000 user sessions in 2020 and displayed more than three million pages to our visitors. If you have a Saskatoon area home you'd like to sell, we know how to get people looking at your home. Reach out to me directly to engage our team and learn about our processes.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. Reach out by voice or text at 306-241-6676 or email me at norm at teamfisher.com
Royal LePage Vidorra