Five Declutter Tips To Help Sell Your Home
If you have plans to sell your home this spring, you may want to take a look around to see if you need to declutter first. Decluttering can help your home to sell because when people shop for homes, they want to picture how the home would look with their décor and personal touch; it can be difficult to visualize that if the home is cluttered.
Here are 5 declutter tips to help sell your home:
1. Determine your time frame. Do you have time to go through the work of setting up a garage sale? If not, donate items to charity (many will pick up for you). This can speed up the decluttering process immensely and is a lot less work than having a sale.
2. Decide if you need help. Decluttering can be overwhelming, and can take some manpower. Decide if you can do the project on your own, and if you can't, ask family or friends, or a Professional Organizer to help.
3. Focus on one room at a time (storage areas can be a good place to start). Categorize items into things you'll keep, sell, donate, toss, or recycle. Keep going until the project is complete, don't stop half way! Your future self will thank you.
4. Depersonalize the home as much as possible. Taking down family photos or personal touches will allow potential buyers to see how their things would look in it. Home staging can also be of great help when selling.
5. Keep it clean. When a home is cluttered, it can be hard to clean and potential buyers pick up on that instantly. Sometimes a showing can come up with little notice. Decluttering can help you to keep your home tidy and clean so it's always ready for a showing.
Decluttering and downsizing your belongings can not only help your home to show better, but can also make moving a simpler process. Why go through the task of moving belongings you don't use, need, or want any longer? Deciding to move into another home is a fresh start... Take only what you enjoy with you.