The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of October, 2015 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of homes trading hands via MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose by 1.8 percent in October 2015 compared to September. As a result, national activity stood near the peak recorded earlier this year and reached the second-highest monthly level in almost six years.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose by 1.8% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was little changed (+0.1%) compared to October 2014.
- The number of newly listed homes was up 0.9% from September to October.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
- The national average sale price rose 8.3% on a year-over-year basis in October; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.5%
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for October, 2015.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra