The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of July, 2014 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 0.8 per cent on a month-over-month basis in July 2014, marking the sixth consecutive monthly increase and the highest level for sales since March 2010.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 0.8% from June to July.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was 7.2% higher than July 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.4% from June to July.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 5.0% on a year-over-year basis in July.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in July.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate