The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of May, 2015 recently. According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 3.1 per cent in May 2015 compared to April. This marks the fourth consecutive month-over-month increase and raises national activity to its highest level in more than five years.”
Highlights of CREA's report
- National home sales rose 3.1% from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 2.7% above May 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from April to May.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.17% year-over-year in May.
- The national average sale price rose 8.1% on a year-over-year basis in May; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.4%.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for May, 2015.
Get the most current market intelligence with our FREE Market Snapshot including prices of homes recently sold in your area. Get it here, now.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions. All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Royal LePage Vidorra