Selecting a neighbourhood that you think you’ll be comfortable in isn’t easy, particularly if you’re trying to do it from half way across the country and you’re more or less unfamiliar with Saskatoon.
I’d like to introduce you to a resource which I think you’ll find helpful. I call it Saskatoon Neighbourhoods, Profile and Price Trends. In this section of the Saskatoon Real Estate Resource Centre website, there’s a separate page for each area of Saskatoon. On the most developed pages, you’ll find the following information about neighbourhoods which you may want to consider.
- Photos taken around the area schools, parks, etc. (a work in progress).
- Real estate data from the previous year including the number of units sold (houses & condos), the low selling price, the high selling price and the average selling price.
- The six months rolling average selling price of both houses and condos in the area.
- A house price trend chart which shows how prices have changed over a ten year period, comparing changes in neighbourhood values to Saskatoon in general.
- The kinds of occupations that area residents are involved in.
- Household income statistics for residents of the area.
- Some information about the types of homes which exist in the neighborhood.
- A chart which shows the history of development for the neighbourhood.
- Some information on the percentage of homes which are owner occupied
- Links to schools in the area.
- A Google map of the neighbourhood (zoom out to see exactly where the area is situated).
- In some cases, one or two reviews of the area written and submitted by residents.
If you currently live in Saskatoon, I have a favour to ask of you. I’d really appreciate it of you’d visit the page for your neighbourhood, scroll way down to the bottom of the page and jot me a few words about your area in the provided form. There’s nothing that tells a story like somebody’s story. I know that people will find your words helpful.
Click through to the Saskatoon Neighbourhoods, Profiles & Price Trends page here.
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions.Feel free to drop me an email.
Royal LePage Vidorra