Home buyers found no relief in a hectic Saskatoon real estate market this past week as the total percentage of homes which sold at or above the asking price increased to 81% and average over bids topped $20,000 for the first time.56 of the 80 homes which traded hands sold above list price.
Saskatoon’s Area 5 stands out as the hottest trading area with the highest average over bid at $23,268.None of the 12 sales reported in that zone sold below the list price.Sellers in Area 1 also did exceptionally well with 18 of 21 sales going above list by an average of $21,283.
Here’s a quick look at the numbers.
- Forest Grove one-bedroom condo (635’) sells for $120,000.
- Wildwood condo (800’) leaves the market at $145,500.
- Haultain condo (740’) fetches $137,700.
- Mount Royal bungalow (912’) brings $189,000.
- Lakeview two-storey (1,800’) sells $44,500 above list at $354,500.
- Pacific Heights bungalow (1,041) fetches $177,900.
Active listings of single-family homes and condominiums remained desperately low at 237 units across all areas and price ranges.It seems that 4 out of 5 inquiries to a listing agent results in a “sorry, we have an offer on that one.”
I’m always happy to answer your Saskatoon real estate questions.
All of my contact info is here. Please feel free to call or email.
Norm Fisher Royal LePage Vidorra